Before you start:
- Please ensure that you know your user name (this is usually the full email address) and password.
- Italicised text is used throughout this guide to demonstrate example settings. This should not be copied directly!
Set up POP3 email on an Android or Google Nexus Phone
- If this is the first account you’re setting up on the Google Android device, tap Mail. Otherwise, from the Home screen choose “Mail > Menu > More > New Account…”
- By tapping the option at the bottom of the list, set the account type as “Other (POP3/IMAP)” and select “Manual Setup”
Click to enlarge
Then input the following information:
- Protocol - set to POP
- Email address - the e-mail address that you are going to be using (e.g. [email protected])
- Username - This will be the user name you were given when the account was created (usually the full email address for the account, complete with @ symbol)
- Password – The password will also have been supplied to you, please note the password is case sensitive
- POP Server - In the same way that your website with us is found at www.yourdomainname.co.uk the Host Name needs to be set to mail.yourdomainname.co.uk
- Security Type- From the list of options, select none
- Server Port – Change port number to 110
Click to enlarge
Then click next:
- Check the “Login Required” tick box and then re-enter your user name and password (if not auto filled)
- SMTP Server -Type in mail.yourdomainname.co.uk
- Security Type- Select none from list of options
- Server Port – Change port number to 2525
- Click next and then save your details.
- Your mail account is now ready for use.
Set up Hotmail email on an Android or Google Nexus Phone
In order to set up a hotmail account on your Android device you can follow the same method as above but with the following amendments:
Once these settings have been changed, you can then save your settings. You will then be able to send and receive Hotmail on your Google Android phone.